Select a portion of the wheel to learn more about that specific approach.
We provide empirical field-tested solutions services to safeguard commercial vessels and marine terminal businesses from cyber threat, with a focus on integrated Information Technology (IT), Operational Technology (OT), industrial controls systems (ICS), and emerging technologies as IoT and edge computing devices
Our team members are practitioners originating from careers of operational responsibility at sea and in ports. Protecting our maritime workplace and home is a natural passion for us and intrinsic to our safety culture and training.
Moran Cyber is an interface between vessels, terminals, and businesses. Our work spans from the technical level at the deck plates and the pier up to the Board Room and beyond by translating cyber risk to the business language so all stakeholders will understand. We are a fleet-aware, multi-disciplinary team comprised of industry and cybersecurity expertise and, together with our clients, work to focus on those areas we can control in order to protect life, property, and the environment.
Leadership and Expertise
Moran Cyber has cumulative 50+ years of cyber security experience safeguarding life, multi-billion dollar assets, and the environment.
Summary of Industry Leadership and Expertise:
- Participation in frequent meetings with the US Coast Guard alongside clients.
- Regular strategic engagement with global maritime and supply chain stakeholders
- Maritime and Cybersecurity Expertise with industry licenses and certifications
- Master Mariner and Pilot Licenses
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy Alumni(s)
- Penetration Testing Certifications (GPEN, GWAPT)
- Industrial Control Systems Security Certifications (GICSP, GRID)
- Former military experience with secret clearance
- Contributing authorship to the “Guidelines for Cybersecurity Onboard Ships”
- Post Doctoral Researcher focusing on maritime cybersecurity
Experience from navigation (integrated navigation systems, ECDIS, dynamic positioning, radar, GPS) and marine engineering systems (PLC's, sensors, power and propulsion management) to system protocols and operating systems (Windows and Linux).
Working with stakeholders to provide sound recommendations on cyber risk reduction and alignment with their business strategy.
Project Planning and Deployment
- Jointly working with customers technical and management teams to ensure project success and efficiency of implementation.
- Our project managers have maritime business and operations field experience helping translate complex cybersecurity requirements to clients.
- Specialize in the secure and resilient integration of OT, ICS, and IoT with IT.
- Design, review, and recommend secure system integration providing low level requirements such as protocols, interface specifications, and field tested security controls.
Technical Cyber Risks with Operations and Business
Practical, field experience integration of risk mitigation considering impacts to business operations.